Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, February 7, 2014

THE CHAMPIONS



Today marks the beginning of the Winter Olympics. I always look forward to these games. I love to downhill ski and ice skate and am pretty much a winter girl at heart. It thrills me to see the tremendous skill of all the athletes in both the winter and the summer games. They all are hoping for an opportunity to stand on the podium and medal for their country. In the eyes of millions this makes them a true champion.
A true champion can be an athlete who wins a medal but there are many types of champions. In my opinion a real champion is one who allows Jesus to be Lord of their life and lives for Him in every area of life. There are athletes that have indeed given the glory to God in front of millions of TV viewers and this always warms my heart. Athletes in Action has a prayer ministry during the Olympics to pray for the athletes. Go to link below for more on this ministry.
In the meantime are you a champion for Jesus? 1 Corinthians 15:58(NIV) reminds us 'But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus.'

PRAYER: I know I am a true champion and have victory when I follow steadfastly after you and not the ways of the world. Help me to remember true champions live for Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen.

http://olympics.athletesinaction.org/prayer-strategy/

No comments:

Post a Comment