Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

MOVING ON




What do you do when things do not go your way? Bad news from work. A family member or friend dies. You are rejected by a friend. You do not get that promotion you expected.
Setbacks are not supposed to make us just shrivel up and quit. In the Olympics there were many who rose to the occasion and made the podium and earned one of the three medals in their sport. Then  there were those who were expected to win Gold and did not even medal. Imagine how they feel after years of training only to be defeated. What can we learn from this in our own life? US Figure Skater Jeremy Abbot fell and hit the boards like a hockey player during his program and just laid there for what seems a couple minutes but then he got up and continued his program almost flawlessly. It was awesome. 
No doubt there has to be someone reading who can identify with what I am talking about. I can so I write for myself. To keep going when you would rather just crawl in a hole and mope is sometimes hard to do. The enemy, satan, is in the business of making us feel defeated,hurt, and useless. Rise up!!

'You are from God little children, and have overcome them. Because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.' (1 John 4:4)

PRAYER: Each and every day Lord I need to remember to get up out of bed and say thanks for another day have given me on planet Earth. My life has as reason and purpose and I am here to shine the light of Jesus on a hurting world. Help me not forgot that and run my race to win. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment