Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Inspiration or Frustration?


Peace I leave you my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27(NIV)

It seems so much easier in the morning to wake up and hit the ground running without God. Even well meaning Christians do it. The world seems to lure us away. Quiet time or a morning show and news, what is it going to be. Hmmm, let me think about that. First of all it takes discipline to make yourself break a habit of watching a talk show if that is what you have been used to but ask yourself how much time you invest in meaningless chitchat of celebrities compared to getting into God's word and feeding your mind on inspiration.

The news typically is not good news except on a rare occasion and can instill fear and worry. You can enter your day in peace or in turmoil.

PRAYER: Sometimes Lord I can easily get caught up in meaningless television and lose track of time without spending any with you Lord. Help me to order my days better that I give you quality time. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I decide to forego my time with God, I have a tough day. Nothing seems to go right. But when I do as I am supposed to and have that time with Him, the day becomes easier and more pleasant.

    ReplyDelete