Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

HOLY?



What does it mean to be holy? Webster's defines it as "exalted or worthy of complete devotion, divine, religious or morally good".
Many verses in the Bible deal with holiness and being holy. One of them is 1 Peter 1:16 (NIV) which says 'for it is written, "be holy for I am Holy".  In every area of life we should be seeking to be more Christlike. Whatever we say or do, we as a believer, should want to bring glory to Jesus. Think about your day to day life for a moment. Do you interact with your fellow man in a holy manner? I am not saying to be "holier than thou" but are you an example for the body of Christ?

Meditate for a moment on the majesty, awesomeness, and Holiness of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Stop and lift your hands in the air and praise Him. He alone is mighty, powerful, loving and forgiving. He is mighty to save and He does.  In 1 Samuel 2:2 in the Old Testament it says ' There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides You; there is no Rock like our God.'

PRAYER: I want to act in a holy manner as I go about my daily life Lord. I do not want to act self righteous and better than others but I want to seek to be holy as you are Holy. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment