Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

CHARGE ON!!



I have enjoyed watching the Winter Olympic games both the set backs and the glory. It is agonizing to see a defending champion lose their crown and have to eat a bit of humble pie. Snow conditions were not ideal during the Half Pipe competition on 11 February and many stumbled. What a let down for athletes who have trained for this moment and on international television do not rise to the occasion.

Life is like an athletic competition in some ways. We lose or fall and have to get back up and keep on going. Struggles may overwhelm but in Gods word it says to press on, run the race to win, keep looking up. Persevere knowing who is there to help and what the prize is going to be.

Are you weighed down by something right now and sometimes feel like giving up? Keep looking straight ahead as if the finish line was right there and Jesus was waving at you. I guarantee you would run with all your might towards his open arms.

1 Corinthians 9:24 tells us 'Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.'

PRAYER: Lord I look to you Lord as my ultimate prize. Things in life may get me down but I know my hope is in you and not in people or situations. I choose to run to win. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment