Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

WOULD JESUS GO TO STARBUCKS?



 

I have shocked a few Christian friends I think when they hear I go to Starbucks. They remind me of this chains support for radical anti Christian causes and their dissing of Christians. But today while attempting to write, at yes,,Starbucks, a young girl at the table next to me engaged me in conversation. Basically I could not write at all. At first I was a tad miffed but then remembered that I was here to represent Jesus and be a witness for Him no matter where I was or how inconvenienced I was. So basically that is why I continue to go to Starbucks off and on. I do not think Jesus would just go to church but He would go out where the people were. Where do you find hurting people? Perhaps at Starbucks?


Today this young girl was fascinated  by what I was doing. I gave her my business card and proceeded to try to write. She was relating to me how she had been there for two hours and has no car and was killing time till the rain stopped so she could walk home. During the course of the conversation I found out that she liked vampires. Now that was interesting. She asked me what type writing I did and I told her a Christian blog. She eventually left but before she left she had asked me how I got the ideas of what to write and what was my subject for tomorrow. I never did say the title but maybe I should have.

Never the less, the point being that if we as believers seclude ourselves in "holy huddles" and only go to places deemed "okay" by the Christian world we may never have the opportunity to be a witness for Him and to be "His hands and feet." Now I am not saying it is okay to go to strip clubs. Common sense has to be applied. An interruption may be a God moment to a hurting or lonely person. Keep that in mind as you go about your day and interact with people around you.

Jesus hung out with tax collectors, prostitutes, drunkards, and all sorts of people burdened with a weight of sin. In Matthew9:10-12(NIV) it says 'When Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with Him and His disciples. When the Pharisees saw this they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this Jesus said "It is not the healthy who need a doctor but the sick."'

Where are you today? Do you only go to places that are "okay" or do you go about your day no matter where you are and shine Jesus light bright?

PRAYER: Lord today I thank you for the opportunities you place in my path to be a witness for you. Help me to stop for a moment dwelling on my own problems and try to reach out and be kind to a hurting person. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment