Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

WHO IS THE FOOL NOW?


 Are you a foolish person? Do you know what pleases God but go your own way and do your "own thing"? When I think of a fool the picture of the joker in a deck of cards comes to mind. I do not know about you but I do not want to look like or be like a "joker" or a "fool".

Yesterday's devotion dealt with not being foolish. There are so many scriptures relating to this. Foolish people are easily deceived by Satan. Someone who knows the truth but compromises their values because they have let Satan infiltrate their mind could be classified as foolish. The enemy loves foolish people as they are easily led astray.

Psalms 14:1(KJV) says 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt. They have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.'
At one time or another we have all probably acted in a foolish fashion. The thing is, we recognize our error and turn from it asking God to help us be wise. Being wise in our own eyes without the Lord's help is utterly foolish.

Do not be foolish. Make time for God and the reading of the Bible each day. Don't just wait till Easter or Christmas to "get religion" but make it your lifestyle. Psalm 10:4(NIV) says 'In his pride the wicked man does not seek him, in all his thoughts there is no room for God.'

Do you have time for God? Would you rather be considered wise or foolish amongst your family and peers? I know my answer and I for one need God to help me daily lead a life pleasing to Him. Do not let your life be controlled by the "lies" of Satan but walk in wisdom letting Jesus be your Lord and savior.
PRAYER: Today Lord I seek your face. I thank you for helping me to stay on the path of wisdom and not the path of a foolish person. Help me remember to pray daily and read your word to get rid of any possibility of a foolish spirit residing inside of me. You are my Lord and I choose daily to hear your voice and walk with you.In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment