Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

THANKFUL ALWAYS


 Here in this part of the country it has now been two years yesterday since the devastating killer tornadoes that swept through leaving a path of destruction. It made me think of being thankful for "things". The most important thing I think the survivors of homes that were totally demolished was that they did not need all their "stuff". These individuals were just thankful to have made it out alive since these were F4 and F5 tornadoes. These storms did not pick and choose by age, ethnicity, religion or income level. I was fortunate to have escaped but was able to help some families in the weeks after, clean up their messes and search for photos and mementos and things like their drivers license or birth certificate. At one home I found an ultrasound of a soon to be born baby. What an awesome thing something like this is to the family. They could care less about their material possessions. Surviving a disaster makes people think of earthly treasures in a different light.

What are you thankful for? Food and the farmers who grow it? Maybe freedom? Do you have a car to drive? Give thanks! Perhaps the ability to read your Bible and not have armed guards arrest you for it. Recently I have realized I am very thankful for my mobility since my torn ACL and LCL occurred. Next I am thankful for friends as I have had friends not want to be friends anymore and that hurts lots. I am thankful for a mom who is still alive at age 88! I am very thankful for my husband, my two wonderful sons and my beautiful daughter in law. I also am thankful for her awesome family! I love my sister and brother and give thanks for them. I am thankful for eyes to see and ears to hear although I am not always the best listener.

Get yourself a piece of paper and start listing your blessings. This "exercise" will draw you closer to Godand the more you do it the less you complain. Start even looking outside at the beauty around you that God created for you to enjoy. Sure there is the majesty of the Grand Canyon or Rocky Mountains but everywhere has something beautiful. A few nights ago I gazed up in the vast night sky to see twinkling stars and a full moon. What a glorious sight to behold.

1 Corinthians 10:27(NIV) says 'For the Earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.' He created the Earth for man. Go back and read Genesis. He created male and female and said be fruitful. Psalm 89:11(NIV) reminds us 'The heavens are yours and yours also the Earth. You founded the world and all that is in it.' We are not to worship the Earth but the creator who made it. Just stop what you are doing and take a breath and get outside and look around you. Stop and ponder all your blessings. I am sure if you give some thought you can have a pretty substantial list.

Now go give thanks, why don"t you. Never take this life for granted as we are never promised tomorrow. Tell people around you that you love them as you never know when God might call you home.

PRAYER: Lord indeed I have much to be thankful for. Often when I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life I not only forget to be thankful but often take the people in my life for granted. Help me to not do that. You have blessed me with the gift of life first of all and for that I am grateful. In Jesus' name.Amen.


Click on link below and worship God in song:
http://youtu.be/eWYn2k4IaPY

>>

No comments:

Post a Comment