Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

GODLY ENCOUNTERS


 A good prayer to pray for yourself before you head out the door each day would be "Lord use me in someones life today to make a difference." I have to admit my intentions are good but sometimes I forget to pray that. When you do pray this be prepared for whatever encounter you may have. I have had some memorable ones throughout the years.

Last Friday as I wrote in a local coffee shop, a man came in who seemed to be slightly mentally challenged. He struck up a conversation with me and I thought he was saying "I am having an Alabama omelet" when in fact he said "who are you for,.Alabama or Auburn?" Ha ha. Get the hearing aids out Becky. Anyway it was only a brief encounter but I was nice and smiled. You never know how your kindness will affect someone.

There have been times when I felt disturbed by distractions or interruptions when I was trying to get my writing done and then realized "hey Becky you represent Jesus and represent Him to the world around you so be careful and do not repel people."

There may be all sorts of people who need a touch of Jesus' love out there in a gesture as simple as a smile. We all can smile I assume. When you go about your day be open to opportunities to shine Jesus' light out in to the "dark" world around you.

Keep alert throughout your day for how you are a witness for Jesus. If you have a Christian sticker on your car better not be speeding. Perhaps you wear a huge cross around your neck. Then make sure you represent Christ well.

Matthew 5:16(NASB) says 'Let your light shine before men in such a way, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

Are you prepared for your Godly encounter?
PRAYER: Lord each day I know there are opportunities to shine your light and express love to those who I come into contact with. I am in a mission field wherever it is you have placed me. There is no need to travel to Africa as hurting needy people are right on my doorstep so to speak. Open my eyes to ways I can shine your light in the world I am in. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment