Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WATER NEEDED HERE



How many of us have had plants and flowers die because we forgot to water them? I know I have. Water is essential to life. Recently a few tomato plants we forgot about got neglected and wilted. I quickly put water on them hoping for them to spring back to life. They did spring  back after a few hours.

Just as water is needed to have living things grow, to include we humans, we also need God's word, the Bible,  if we expect our spirits to 'grow'. You can not know about Jesus and how to live a victorious Christian life unless you open it up once in a while and study it. You can go to church every day but if you do not pick up God's word and study it how will you know how to live your life for Christ? You need that 'instruction manual' to keep you on God's highway so to speak.

There is a saying I once heard that said "going into church won't make you into a Christian anymore than going into a garage will make you into a car". Think about that. There is not  some magic that happens when you walk in the door of the church. You have to give your heart to Jesus and begin to grow in Christ by reading the word of God and  perhaps finding a local Bible study to attend as well as  a good Bible based church where God's word comes alive and where the church is growing, not stagnating.

John 4:13-14 says "Jesus answered "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again. But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed the water I give him will become a spring of water welling up into eternal life."   Isaiah 58:11 says "The Lord will guide you always. He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." In Matthew 5:6 it says "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled."

How about you? Are you thirsty for Jesus? If not why not? Examine your heart today. Maybe it is time to commit yourself to the Lord or give your heart to Him for the first time. He is waiting. Why not ask Him to be Lord of your life today?

 Let your prayer be like David's words in Psalm 63:1 which says "O God you are my God. Earnestly I seek you, my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you in a dry weary land where there is no water."

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for your word which brings life like water to my weary soul. Forgive me when I have ignored its' valuable lessons and neglected to read it. I know it is only by knowing it that I can resist and defeat the enemy, Satan. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link for praise song:
http://youtu.be/Ve720TWDZdg














No comments:

Post a Comment