Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

SUNDAY: OH NO NOT AGAIN!



Is this how you feel when Sunday rolls around? Do you feel no excitement about going to church  to worship and maybe even just stay home?  "Too many hypocrites" you may say. "I feel funny" is another good excuse. "I would rather do something fun on Sunday after a long work week".  "I worship in God's creation of nature" is another one I heard several years ago.There are many more excuses. Certainly you do not want to go to simply 'punch a religious obligation ticket' if you think that going is your key to heaven. But it sure could not hurt to go and open your heart and mind to the message and maybe find out what you are missing.

First make sure you find a dynamic church actively preaching God's word and one that encourages you to go beyond Sunday and get into a daily quiet time during your week. You want to find a loving church that is full of grace and truth and not judgment and condemnation. Above all one that preaches God's word without apology.

The Bible says in Exodus 20:8 to "Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy". Other places in God's word mention honoring the 'Lord's Day'. Isaiah 58:13-14 tells us " If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight, and the Lord's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way,and not doing as  you please, or speaking idle words, then you find joy in the Lord, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob. The mouth of the Lord has spoken."

How do you spend the time you should be honoring the Lord in a house of worship? It is something to think about. If you have no desire for this fellowship and worship time examine your heart and ask yourself if you really have a personal relationship with Him and if He really is Lord of your life. Maybe you are already growing in Christ in a dynamic church but beware of feeling really good like you have 'arrived' as in Luke 18:12 it says "I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get". Read the rest of that chapter but basically don't get all haughty.

Now as a disclaimer we do not want to get so legalistic that we say you can not go to church Saturday night in place of Sunday. You are there, that is what counts. For many this fits their schedules better.

Where are you today? Do you want to worship Jesus? Maybe it has been a few years since you have attended any worship. Make up your mind that you want it to be part of your lifestyle just as getting up and going to work is. But go beyond Sunday and seek more of Jesus. If you have not asked Jesus to be Lord of your life why not do that today. Say " Lord Jesus forgive me for sinning against you and forgive me Lord for not wanting to worship you. Come into my heart today and transform me into your likeness. Give me a passion for you."

Hebrews 10:25 says "Let us not forsake the assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as I see the day drawing near."

Let me end with a scripture I would hope is every one's prayer found in Psalm 122:1 and it says"I was glad when they said to me, Let us Go into the house of the Lord!"

PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me for times when I just made excuses about going to church. Forgive me for not wanting more of you in my life. Today Lord I will seek you with my whole heart. Lead me to a spirit filled Bible teaching church where I can worship with others.i. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link for a awesome song of praise:
http://youtu.be/6Jo3y_XoHHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment