Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 18, 2012

EMPTY BOTTLES


One day while cleaning house I found several empty bottles in the bathroom,garage,and kitchen that had not been thrown out. It is easy to get sidetracked and forget to toss these in the trash or recycling. Say you are washing your hair and the shampoo bottle is empty and you forget to put in in the trash can. Honest mistake.

This scenario got me to thinking about how sin in our lives can linger like empty bottles. We continue to practice or engage in a sinful lifestyle knowing it is wrong and knowing we need to stop but yet these sins hang around like empty bottles needing to be tossed out. The sin we hang on to clutters our lives like bottles clutter shelves where they are left. We have to let go of them and throw them away before we have an organized home. Sin has to be let go in order to walk with the Lord and have victory.

You have to realize you are sinning then repent of it and get away from it. Hebrews 12:1 says "therefore since we are surrounded by so great a crowd of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders us and the sin that so easily entangles us and let us run  with perseverance the race set out for us."

What are you dabbling in that you know displeases the Lord? What area of your life needs some work in order to achieve holiness? Do you spend time daily getting to know God through His word? It is when we study The Bible that we realize what the Lord requires of us.
I will close with Malachi 3:6 which says "He has showed you, O man, what is good and what does the Lord requires of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with thy God."

PRAYER: Lord it is my desire to get rid of things in my life that separate me from you. This could be as simple as judging some one or thinking wrong thoughts or even 'innocent' gossip. Lord I am sorry for not spending more time with you. I know my life is not perfect and I know I need you to guide me so I can resist the attempts of Satan to get me off track. Help me Lord as I seek you each day. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link for another great song of praise.
http://youtu.be/eNhz8BMTqsk

No comments:

Post a Comment