Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

STAY JOYFUL ALWAYS

There is enough going on in our world today to cause us despair and even in your own circle of life there may be things causing you grief and pain. For instance, a wayward child. Let's say you had trained your child to follow the Lord and he or she goes their own way. Bible teacher and author Joyce Meyer says "Do not let others wrong choices steal your joy." You are not responsible for someone's wrong choices so do not beat yourself up. Do not allow others to be 'joy robbers' in your life.

Satan especially is the chief joy robber. He does not want you happy and at peace. Satan would love it if you would just cave in to your emotions and not ever to be able to be at peace. You perhaps compare your life to others and that too can rob you of joy and keep you from attaining a peaceful spirit. Satan is the 'accuser of the brethren' it says in Revelation 12:10. Satan may make you feel if you had not done 'such and such' then 'so and so' would not be living a certain way or doing a certain thing.

 You can not and should not condemn yourself. You are not responsible for the choices others make.
If you have a child you raised for the Lord but they have made wrong choices all you can do is keeping praying for them but do not allow their bad choices to make you not live your life to the fullest. Just keep praying. Keep believing. Remember the promise in Proverbs 22:6 which says " train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it?" God hears your prayers.  3 John 1:4 says " I have no greater joy to know that my children are walking in the truth." I say a hearty "Amen" to that!

God is your source of peace and joy no matter what life throws at you. Things happen and sometimes they happen in order to make someone stronger. Just believe God can see you through and help the other person as well.

Let's say you are living with an unbelieving spouse and you are 'on fire' for the Lord. Then what do you do? 1 Peter 3:1-2 says "wives, in the same way, submit yourselves therefore unto your own husbands, that if any of them do not believe the word they will be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives." 

What if I friend or colleague has hurt you? Say you did nothing and you are getting pushed aside and treated poorly.Do not allow these things to rob you of your ultimate joy in Jesus Christ!

John 14:27 says " My peace I leave you, my peace I give you, not as the world gives you. Do not let your hearts be troubled neither let them be afraid."

PRAYER: Lord it is my desire to not let others rob me of my peace and joy. I have no control of others lives and I can only pray and trust you for the answers. Help me Lord to always have your joy in my life to share with those around me. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link below to worship the Lord in song! Be blessed now go be a blessing!
http://youtu.be/NLhb3qUA3uc

No comments:

Post a Comment