Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

PRAISE HIM REGARDLESS

It is easy to praise God when things are going our way but when the bottom falls out of life then it gets a little more challenging.   When you are going through a bad time of life the best thing you could do in order to combat the attacks of the   enemy, who seeks to destroy your joyful spirit, is to focus on a loving God and praise Him. Yes you heard me, praise the Lord.

Praise him in the morning. Praise Him at noon. Praise him when you are feeling good and praise him when you are not doing so good.  Praise Him when you lose and praise Him when you win. Praise Him on cloudy, rainy days and praise him on sunny days. Psalm 113:3 says " From the rising of the sun to the place that it sets, the Lord's name is to be praised."

It says in Psalm 22:3 " The Lord inhabits the praises of his people."  Psalm 9:11 says "
Sing praises to the LORD, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done."

In Job  13:15 it says"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him."  In Job 1:21 it says "The Lord gives the Lord takes away blessed be the name of the lord." Job went through more than most humans could take. Get your Bible and turn to the book of Job in the Old Testament if you are not familiar with it. It is an eye opener. How do you praise God when a child dies or you lose your job? God did not cause these things and he knows you are broken hearted but it still says to praise Him. Things in life happen. God is still there and still on the throne. It does not praise Him 'if only' or 'when only'.

If you are feeling  down today, read the following OUT LOUD and see if you do not feel better.
Lord I praise you for making me.
Lord I praise your name above all others names.
Lord I praise you for another day of life.
Lord I praise you for friends.
Lord I praise you for answered prayer.
Lord I praise you for providing for my basic needs.
Lord I praise you for my family.
Lord I praise you for our creation.
Lord I praise you for your awesome power.
Lord I praise you for the gift of good health.
Lord I praise you for living in a Christian nation.
Lord I praise you for the valuable lessons I learn in life.
Lord I praise you that I can see in order to read this devotion.

You get the idea. Now go add some of your own. And when Satan tries to get you to be mad at Jesus just say "Get behind me Satan. I do not believe your lies."

PRAYER: Father I thank you for your mighty power and protection. I thank and praise you for the wonderful plan you have for my life. I know you are always with me and will never abandon me. Forgive me if I have ever blamed tragedy on you. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link to worship the Lord in song.
http://youtu.be/JaQPUayD-Zs

No comments:

Post a Comment