Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

BAAA BAAA

How many have been to a farm or petting zoo and observed the cute sheep? When I lived in Arizona the first time in 1984-85 we were on an Air Force Base at the Eastern edge of the city of Mesa. Presently, in 2012 ,that area, is city itself, due to immense population growth. Back then it was countryside and you could witness 'shepherds' taking sheep up to the mountains for the summer to get them out of the heat of the valley. It was impressive indeed. Of course they were not dressed in the attire we picture from Bible days but they were stilling control of their herd and these sheep knew it.

We are like sheep without a shepherd and we need our 'shepherd' Jesus to lead us and guide us so we do not fall off into the 'ravines of life'. If we follow Him and stay on course we will be safe and well provided for but if we are stubborn and go our own way we will be in danger of getting hurt similar to real sheep.

John 14:27 says My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."  John 10:4 says "
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice."

Isaiah 53:6 says "we all like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way. And the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all."  Sheep can be stupid creatures and want to do their own thing. That is why they need to follow the shepherds' wisdom and guidance to remain safe. We too need to follow our shepherd, Jesus, to stay safe and protected from the evils in this world.

PRAYER: Lord at times I have been stubborn and have not listened to you or read the Bible. Sometimes I go my own way and pay the price. Forgive me Lord. I want you to  be my shepherd. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment