Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 9, 2011

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!

In this country people always seem to be in a hurry. Unless you are doing something you do not feel productive. This country is very impatient. We are an instant society. Americans are used to instant oatmeal, microwave meals, digital pictures, instant coffee, and quick fixes. It is very hard to wait. We want things to happen and we want them to happen NOW!

Some of the things we have to wait for are answers to prayer,  for a prodigal child to return, for rebellion to cease, traffic tie ups to end, delays in flights at airports, healing of illnesses, plants to grow, outcome of a job interview,waiting for the birth of a child,  for a cake to bake in the oven, saving enough money for a major purchase, hair to grow out,and many other things. If we do not learn to wait we react with stress, offense, anger and Satan can create stumbling blocks to take us away from the Lord. Our walk with the Lord is hindered. We may try to rush things and take matters in our own hands. Not a good idea.

No one  really likes to wait if they would be honest. In one day alone in a period of 30 minutes I had 3 incidents happen that taught me the value of patience. First it was the bank. There was no apparent reason for them to be slow cashing a small check but they were. Next came a fast food restaurant where my coffee took forever it seemed to get to me. Finally a greeting card store where normally they greet you with a cheery "hi can I help you" but this day I was in a hurry no clerk came to my aid for a return. Was the Lord trying to get my attention and teach me a valuable spiritual lesson perhaps?

A familiar Bible verse on waiting is Isaiah 40:31 which says " Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."

Waiting is a spiritual discipline for sure and is a good one for parents to start early training their little ones. Psalm 130:5 says "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."  Pray, trust, wait and believe and in God's timing things will work out.

PRAYER:  Lord I yearn to be at peace and develop patience and a content spirit no matter what the situation. Many times in life we have to wait. Sometimes it is very difficult. Nothing good is easy so Lord as we wait, help our soul seek you with all our hearts in quietness and peace. In Jesus name.  Amen.



Once again here is an awesome praise and worship song from the Hollywood Movie 'Fireproof'. Click on link to listen.

http://youtu.be/xHIqOHU6Dhg

No comments:

Post a Comment