Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

STAY PLUGGED IN

As I sit here and type on my laptop computer in a local coffee shop my power is going down. I glance around and the only two electrical outlets in the entire store are occupied. It looks like unless someone leaves, my writing will end sooner than I wanted. This reminded me of a greatest power source, the Lord Jesus Christ.

If we in turn do not stay 'plugged in' to our power source, Jesus, by fellowship and reading the Bible we too will not have the power in life to be effective witnesses for Him. Our excitement will wane and we will be tossed about by many things when we are not anchored and plugged in to Jesus.

Start each day by saying "Thank you Lord for another day." You may wake up gloomy and many concerns on your 'plate' but here in America most of us are better off than the rest of the world. Try saying things out loud and it really makes you feel better. Say according to Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." According to James 4:7 "I will resist the enemy and he has to flee." According to Romans 8:16-17 it says " I am an heir of Jesus." I am his child. He loves me!

The enemy would like nothing more than to 'disable' you emotionally and spiritually to make you a weakling for the kingdom. You are a child of God if you have asked Him into your heart and his power lives inside of you. Do not believe the enemies lies. Find an uplifting Christian radio station that plays praise and worship music. If you do not have one in your area try http://www.klove.com/ and you should be able to listen online.

Remember though you can not stay super charged for Christ if you do not stay connected to the word of God to feed your spirit and recharge your spiritual batteries.

PRAYER: Lord I want to be charged up for you. Some days I may wake up and the enemy tries to get me down in the dumps. I say to him, flee in Jesus Name. Your word is mighty and power and I thank you for the privilege I have of owning a Bible. Now help me pick it up and read it daily to stay charged up for Christ. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment