Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

NEW CREATION


2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" When you accept Christ and give your heart to the Lord you feel different. You may not stop doing everything bad and we all have sin in our lives. But old things pass away and we are to forget the past and to start to live a life pleasing to the Lord. Life is not going to be perfect. You will still mess up and still have things to work on. Only Jesus is without sin.

God can help set you free from sins that have been weighing on you. You only need trust Him and ask Him to take the controls of your life. Once you have asked Jesus to 'take the wheel' as the country song says, there will still be rough times but you will know who to call on to help get you through the bad times and to be able to rejoice in the good times.

For this writer, when I rededicated my life many years ago to the Lord, I had a hunger for the word of God. All of a sudden I wanted to know more. I was on a journey to learn what God's word had for me.

If you are not sure that you are saved or born again you can be sure today. Say "Jesus come into my heart. I hear you knocking at the door of my heart and I want to let you in. Forgive me for my sins and help me Lord as I seek to learn to be Christlike in the things I say and do. I want to live for you and serve you. Thank you for coming into my life. Amen."

After this if you are not in a good 'on fire' Bible believing church you need to find one so you can grow in the Lord. If you do not stay connected to the 'vine' you will whither. For those of us who have been saved and walking with the Lord already we too need to remember to stay connected to the source of nourishment, the Bible, or we too are in danger of not growing and wilting. Stay growing for Christ by feeding on the word of God. For starters read John Chapter one.

John 15:5 says "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." Phillipians 3:13 says "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead".

PRAYER: Father I want to live for you and serve you. Come in to my heart today and take control.In Jesus Name. Amen.

Praise song: An oldie but goodie 'More Than Wonderful' sung by Sandi Patti and Larnelle Harris
http://youtu.be/Zvmly122rqc

To help find a Bible teaching church if you have no clue where to start click on link below:
http://www.flockfinder.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment