Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 2, 2011

HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY??




Are you a positive person or a down in the dumps sort of person? Are you positive but your other half is negative? It is easy when things around us look gloomy to get in a pit of sorts and thinking all this worse thoughts. This is where controlling our mind and our thoughts is vitally important. Do you assume the worse or like to give the person or situation the benefit of the doubt? Many people can't seem to stop talking negatively. When it comes to the state of our freedoms today it is easy to start dreading and worrying but we are to trust God has a plan, for He is in charge you know. Same with the economy. Worrying will not change things and saying things like "oh I just know I am going to get laid off" is not going to help. You need to be confessing positive happy things.

Romans 4:17 says " As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations, before him whom he believed, even God, who quickens the dead, and calls those things which be not as though they were." this means you can "claim" or speak positive things before it happens. For instance, "I thank you Lord that I will not lose my job.  I thank you Lord for providing for all my needs. I am not going to be poor and  destitute." Sitting around moaning, groaning and verbalizing bad stuff will certainly scare you and take away any hope.

I challenge you to start thinking and speaking good things. Start saying "I thank you Jesus for providing for my needs. I thank you for taking care of me. I thank you that my  child will return to serving you." You get the idea.

Philippians 4:8 tells us "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."  Reject any negative thoughts because you know it is Satan's plan to drag you down and defeat you. You are a child of the king!! In the motion picture ' The Help' one of the maids has a little girl she cares for say out loud daily "I am good, I am important, I am special"  to build up her self esteem. Why not add something to that. Say "God loves me!"

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for making me unique. When Satan tries to get me discouraged and thinking wrong thoughts help me discipline my mind and speech to being glory to you and you alone! My hope is in you and I need not fear.  In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment