Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

GOD BLESS YOU!

Do you feel blessed? For those readers who live in America simply having what we enjoy here is a tremendous blessing. What is a blessing? It is approval and favor of sorts. Psalm 25:12-13 has something to say about how to receive blessing from the Lord. It says "who is the man who fears the LORD?   Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose. His soul shall abide in well-being,   and his offspring shall inherit the land." Psalm 112:1-3 further elaborates on the theme of blessing. It says "Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever."

Psalm 1:1-3 says "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like I  tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers."

Do you delight in God and his word? By delight I mean do you desire to do what pleases Him and do you spend time in His word daily getting to know him better? Just walking in church one hour on Sunday is not taking delight in the Lord but it is meeting, what some feel, is an obligation. God does not want your legalistic obligation or he does not want you to see him as a 'duty' but He wants you to delight in Him. Do not compromise what you believe and do not squeeze God out of your day. Try waking up and saying "Lord I love you. Thank you for another day. Use me in someones life today."  Ask God to give you a desire for his word. He is waiting to bless you so take the time to get to know him better.
- Hide quoted text -

PRAYER:  I need you in my life Lord. Forgive me for not wanting to spend time with you. I know the devil does not want me to know your word and it is easy to get lazy and just leave the Bible buried under a heap of magazines on my coffee table. I want to let you have control of my life and I want to be a blessing to those you put in my path. Thanks for your blessing. In Jesus name. Amen!

Note: Take time to click on link and listen to praise song 'Put the Drum Beat Back in My Heart'.
http://youtu.be/CoadbYfGH0U

No comments:

Post a Comment