Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

BROKEN PEOPLE

All of us, if we are honest, have some dysfunction and issues in our lives. No one is perfect. God uses all things to redeem, restore, and rebuild lives.

Psalm 40:2 says "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."  Many people have to sink pretty low till they cry out to God, "save me oh Lord!"

Hurts occur, such as the pain of rejection for instance, be it from a spouse, friend, or a boss, to site  three examples. Sometimes, until a true painful need occurs, we just ignore God. Psalm 27:5 says " For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." God can fix a broken heart, broken life or a wounded spirit.


When you have a 'broken' friend they need your unconditional love, mercy and grace in order to start the healing process.  Broken people need a shoulder to cry on and a friend willing to listen.

Psalm 51:17 says "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 34:18 says "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 147:3 says " He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

There is always hope. Jesus is with you on your journey. The 'Footprints' poem is very familiar to most. As you may recall  there were two sets of footprints on the beach then only one. The person got a little miffed and said "Hey God,where did you go?" or something like that. Jesus said, " I was carrying you at those times there was only one set of prints."

Are you hurting today? Let God carry you through.

PRAYER: Father I know you can mend my broken heart. I rejoice as each day brings new hope and new joy. Father God I will resist the attempts of the enemy to drag me down in his pit and look to you and fix my eyes on you Lord. Thank you for lifting me up. In Jesus name. Amen.
Click on link below for an excellent praise song....You Raise me Up!

http://youtu.be/q1xNAZEkGj4

No comments:

Post a Comment