Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

JUST KEEP RUNNING

I am a runner and back in the day I used to run alot of 5 and 10 K races and once even 10.1 miles at the 101st Airborne Division when I was in the Army. When you are in a race you just keep going. You do not look back to see if people are gaining on you but keep focused on going and crossing the finish line. Runners have to train to be able to compete in races. You can not just show up for a marathon ,for instance ,with no preparation. Not only would you not do well but you would be injured. Athletes train to stay fit.

As Christians we need to 'train' to stay fit as well. And we also need to learn that things do not happen instantly so we keep on keeping on knowing God has a plan.Isaiah 40:31 says, "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.They will walk and not faint.". That is a super verse to use when you need motivation to keep going in a physical race but great for a spiritual race as well. Think of an eagle, strong, flying high overhead. 

In 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 it says, "Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!  All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.  So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

Hebrews 12:1-2 reads, " Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne."

Don't give up whatever is going on. You can do it. God will give you strength. "But the Lord GOD helps me;  therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame" (Isaiah 50:7).

Prayer: Lord whatever I am going through today I know you are there to give me the strength to get through my trial or situation. I will run and not be weary because with you I can do all things. (See Phillipians 4:13, New Testament).

No comments:

Post a Comment