Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 29, 2010

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW IT'S WHO YOU KNOW

All of us have heard this phrase, 'it's not what you know it's who you know." Being friends with 'important' or 'famous' people can have its' perks. Perhaps we can 'name drop' to prove we know someone or have met someone. Or this 'important' person may have connections and can get you in to places you would have never otherwise gotten to go say box seats at a game, opear or theater tickets,ride in a limo, invitation to special parties or receptions, first class airplane seats. You get the point. This 'important' person can unlock possibilities to us. Now I am not saying that if we happen to know someone like this that is the only reason people want to be their friend because of what they can get from them. Be on your guard for things like this. As I say someone may be a celebrity but they put their pants on the same way I do, only more expensive pants. LOL.

Jesus does not want us to play favorites with people. To him it is not about being known or who you know. He is not a 'respecter of persons' and nor should we be. We should not feel we are better than someone due to our degrees, economic status, where we have been, or who we know. In God's eyes we are all special to Him.

 "For there is no respect of persons with God," Paul declared (Rom. 2: 11). "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

"My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet," have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts."(James 2:1-4)

Do not get to the point where we feel better than others. Watch out. It is easy to do when we look around and tend to start to judge. Maybe you have an important position in a company, work in a big city in a skyscraper, have a special talent others do not possess, enjoy our 'title'. "Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.."(Romans 12:16)

PRAYER: Lord I am blessed. Help me to see that. Help me to never exalt myself over others. Humble me to be able to help those less fortunate. Guard my heart from conceit. Let me show love to all people regardless of their 'status' in life. Forgive me for when I have 'felt better' than others. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment