Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 8, 2010

DO YOU HAVE JOY?

DO YOU HAVE JOY

Do you truly have joy and if not why not? Don't let others control your joy or be joy robbers. Truly get up each day and say to yourself, "Self, today I am going to have a good day. I am NOT going to let external things rob me of my joy!" Psalm 118:24  says" This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

The other day on a Christian radio station ,of all things, I heard one of the female DJ's complaining about what was so great about water. She said," I hate water." Oh my gosh. Water is a gift from God! I am thinking to myself here is a lady who is supposed to be helping people wake up to Jesus joyfully  and she is complaining about one of God's best gifts to us, the gift of life giving water. I wanted to call the station but I held off. Water is something to celebrate and here a female Christian radio DJ was dissing it. Unbelievable!

"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete".(John 16:24). 'Though you have not seen him, you love him. And even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy.' (1 Peter 1:8) In Nehemiah 8:10 it says 'the joy of the Lord is your strength.' Do you have joy? When you help others before yourself you can receive this joy. Helping others always seems to make one feel better. The acronym for joy could be Jesus First, Others Second, Yourself Last. Try it and see if you do not feel more joy in your day.

PRAYER:
Lord God today I ask that you let your joy radiate throughout us so that others can see Jesus through us. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment